Friday, January 16, 2015

Review: Darker Edge of Desire: Gothic Tales of Romance - Edited by Mitzi Szereto



Darker Edge of Desire: Gothic Tales of Romance
Edited by Mitzi Szereto 
Foreward by Kate Douglas, author of the Wolf Tales series 
Afterword by Rachel Caine, author of the Morganville Vampire series
ISBN: 978-1-940550-00-8
Published on the Winter Solstice, December 21, 2014 

 Love, passion and sex…it’s all here in Darker Edge of Desire.


Gothic literature has always possessed a dark attraction ripe with the promise of the forbidden and the sensual. In Darker Edge of Desire, Mitzi Szereto takes the sexualized Gothic and ratchets it up a few notches into the danger zone, opening the door into the darker side of lust and love that only the courageous dare to venture through. Venturing even further into the world of mystery and romance than she did in the critically acclaimed Red Velvet and Absinthe, Szereto creates an atmosphere with a distinct Gothic flavor where we explore our more forbidden desires. In these tales, love and lust (and kink!) know no boundaries, and all nature of beings—from vampires, werewolves, shape shifters, ghosts, succubae—abound.


Tread carefully, danger and desire lie ahead!



I wasn't really sure what I was expecting with this book but I really enjoyed it! It was definitely dark and sexy! Mitzi Szereto definitely knows her stuff when it comes to Gothic erotica. I didn't really think I could get into erotica involving vampires, werewolves, and the like but the way these writers unfolded these short stories really drew me in. 


My favorite story was by Mitzi. I loved reading about the trip to Transylvania; a place I've often dreamed about visiting myself. The two locals she meets and the adventure she has with them was also very steamy and sexy. And there's an unexpected twist that left me a little speechless. I wasn't sure whether to be turned on or terrified! It was definitely a once in a lifetime sort of trip that made me want a cigarette at the end! 


Reynold's Tale by Adrian Ludens also stood out to me because of a character who very closely resembles Edgar Allan Poe. VERY CLOSELY. I definitely would not have imagined that sort of scenario for a this character but it was intriguing. The only thing that bothered me is the fact that I never found out what the secret was Reynolds whispers in Poe's ear. 


If you're into the darker side of life, or are looking to expand your reading horizons and try something new, I recommend this book. These tales are sexy enough to have you craving the lights off but are spooky enough to have you thinking about turning on a night light. 






 photo email_zps1ff7c9ad.png  photo goodreads_zps00371d7e.png  photo twitterbird_zps53a3b02d.png  photo google-Copy_zps49b07d3d.png  photo pinterest_zps2d5df537.png  photo bloglovin_zps87218985.png


blogger template by lovebird
Web Analytics